Hey guys, it’s blogmas day 7! For today’s post I’ll be talking about how I plan my travels. I know they say, “Adventures start when plans end” but this perfectionist needs to plan! Anyone planning a big trip wants to make sure they don’t miss out on anything, for some people they’ll never have a chance to come back. So, how do I do it? Read and find out…
- Figure out your destination.
- How long, and when are you staying?
- Book hotel or airbnb.
- To find the cheapest tickets I use sites like Expedia and Trip-Advisor.Next, I like to use my travel notebook. I don’t know why, I like to physically write stuff down better than typing it onto a computer. I write down how many days I’m going to be there and one main thing I want to do each day.
- Next, I like to use my travel notebook. I don’t know why, I like to physically write stuff down better than typing it onto a computer. I write down how many days I’m going to be there and one main thing I want to do each day.
- After the tickets are booked, I plan out what I’m going to do. I make a list of things I want to do there.
- I always use Pintrest to figure out fun things to do!
- I figure out where each place is and group the stuff that is closest together for one day.
- Here’s a tip; do not plan too much for the first day of a long-distance trip. I made the mistake of doing that when I went to Paris last year. When we arrived in Paris I said I’d take a short nap, I set an alarm and everything. I woke the next day at 4pm. Can you say epic fail?
- Once you have a general idea of what you are doing each day and how much it costs, relax! Don’t plan to the minute and feel free to go off “schedule” sometimes. This isn’t a school field trip it’s a vacation!
Hope you enjoyed my tips on planning a trip itinerary! If you have any questions or comments leave them down below and if you like these posts make sure to give a thumbs up and follow for more! Happy Holidays
ps: if you have any requests for blog posts for blogmas let me know in the comment section!
disclaimer: this article is not sponsored